Product: Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack Overview
Actors: Alessandro Juliani, Kira Tozer, Kathleen Barr, Jilian Michaels, Michael Daingerfield
Directors: Craig George
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only)
Number of discs: 10
Rated: NR- Not Rated
DVD Release Date: November 10, 2015
Run Time: 354 minutes
My Rating: 4.8 out of 5
Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack Overview
Welcome back to Azy Reading Journey website, where our goal is to make learning fun. This is a review of the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack. Can they help you child?
We began teaching Azy in September 2019, and he started watching Leapfrog DVDs in October 2019. Click here to read about some of the other materials and activities that we were using to teach Azy.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I will be sharing about our experience with the DVDs and what we think about them. The Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack is a collection of 10 animated DVDs that can be used to jump-start early learning in children who are 2-7-year-old.
The Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack can be beneficial to toddlers, preschooler and first graders. Azy is 4 years old, and he is having a great time watching the DVDs. He is having fun learning the alphabet, numbers, counting, colors shapes and much more.
According to the information on the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack, “Tad, Lily, and Leap go on grand learning adventures! They solve mysteries, help those in need, and use the power of their imaginations to make the world a better place.”
We had planned on using a reading program to help Azy learn to read.
We had also planned to used other materials and activities to enhance his learning experience. Since doing so would make his reading journey interesting and fun.
However, the introduction of the reading program did not go as well as we thought it would. So, we had to start using other materials and doing activities that we were thinking of introducing at a later date. You can read more about the Little Champion Reader reading program here.
Our First Purchase of Leapfrog DVDs
In doing some research to find some educational DVDs to help teach Azy, we came across the Leapfrog DVDs. In October 2019, we purchased the three DVDs listed below. We also purchased a personal DVD player for Azy to watched the DVDs.
- Learn to Read at the Storybook Factory (3-6 years)
- Letter Factory (no age group listed)
- Talking Words Factory (no age group listed)
- Learn to Read at the Storybook Factory DVD – your child will embark on a magical reading adventure with Tad and Lily. They will learn “Ready for school skills,” such as Story structure, Comprehension and Reading skills – The Special Features are: Learning storybook game and 5 sing-along songs.
- Letter Factory – your child can have fun learning about letters and their sounds. The DVD teaches Early Reading Skills: The alphabet, Letter names and Letter sounds. Special Features are Learning games and Trailer.
- Talking Words Factory – This DVD teaches Reading skills. Kids will have fun learning the alphabet, phonics skills, Word building and more. Special Features! Learning games and Trailer.
In the video below, you will see Azy having fun learning vowels.
First Impression Did Not Last
When Azy started to watch the DVDs initially, you could see that he was bored. He was not interested in what he was seeing, but he still wanted to watch them.
As he continued to watch, he started to react to what he was seeing. Eventually, he was singing along and repeating what he was hearing.
As Azy continued to watched the DVDs daily he became more familiar with the topics being taught. He was also becoming more aware of the promotions of the other DVDs. So, he started showing us DVDs that we should buy.
We held back from purchasing the DVDs because we were thinking of using other materials to teach him. Since our plans for using the reading program was not working we wanted to try something else to continue teaching him the letters of the alphabet.
Azy Showed Us That He was Ready For More
In addition to watching the DVDs at home, Azy wanted to take them whenever we are leaving home. He watched them on his way to the daycare, and when we picked him up, we took it so he could watch it on his way home.
Azy’s watched the three DVDs often, but his favorite was the “Letter Factory.” He loves to sing, so learning the alphabet by singing made it more appealing to him. Every time Azy watched a DVD, he continued to show us other DVDs that he wanted.
After seeing how much he loved watching the DVDs and how they were helping him to learn the alphabet, letter names and letter sounds, we gave in.
In December 2019, we purchased the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack. Azy was extremely happy when he got them.
The DVDS in the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack are:
- Learn to Read at the Storybook Factory (3-6 years)
- Letter Factory Adventures: Counting on Lemonade (4-7 years)
- Letter Factory Adventures: The Letter Machine Rescue Team (4-7 years)
- Let’s Go To School (3-6 years)
- Math Circus (3-6 years)
- Math Adventure to the Moon (3-6 years)
- Scout & Friends: Phonics Farm (2-5 years)
- Scout & Friends: Adventures in Shapeville Park (2-5 years)
- Scout & Friends: Magnificent Museum of Opposite Words (2-5 years)
- Talking Words Factory (no age group listed)
Let The Fun Begin
- Learn to Read at the Storybook Factory – See description above.
- Letter Factory Adventures: Counting on Lemonade – This is a math-filled adventure DVD. It teaches Counting to 20, Addition and Subtraction. Kids will see Tad, Lily, Leap and friends stir up lots of learning fun when they decide to sell lemonade and use their earnings to buy new books for the library. Special Features! Sing- along videos and Curriculum commentary for parents.
- Letter Factory Adventures: The Letter Machine Rescue Team – This DVD teaches Consonant Blends, Adjectives and Problem Solving. Special Features: Sing- along videos and Curriculum commentary for parents.
- Let’s Go To School – Help your child get ready for school. It teaches Preschool Skills such as Phonics, Counting and Animals. Special Features! 5 sing-along songs, Interactive alphabet book, a sneak peek at Math Adventure to the Moon.
- Math Circus – This DVD teaches Match Skills. Your child will learn Number recognition, Counting, Addition and subtraction. Special Features! Learning game and Trailers.
- Math Adventure to the Moon – Use this DVD to Launch your child’s math skills. It teaches Counting, Sorting and Patterns. Special Features! The sorting game, 4 sing-along songs and Alphabet Song from Let’s Go to School.
So Much To Learn
- Scout & Friends: Phonics Farm – On this DVD, your kids will join Scout and his friends as they learn letter sounds with the help of some amazing animals. The DVD teaches Early Reading Skills such as, The alphabet, Phonics skills and Animals. Special Features! Sing-alongs, Curriculum commentary for parents, “Being a Puppy (The Scout Song)” music video, A Surprise for Scout storybook and Sing with Us! The Band.
- Scout & Friends: Adventures in Shapeville Park – This DVD teaches Early Math Skills: Shapes, Size comparison and Measurement. Special Features! Sing-alongs, Sing with Us! The Band, Curriculum commentary for parents, “Being a Puppy” (The Scout Song) and “A Surprise for Scout” video.
- Scout & Friends: Magnificent Museum of Opposite – On this DVD, your child will learn Early Reading Skills: Opposite words, Synonyms and Word building. They will learn new words at a fun and interactive museum full of opposites! Special Features! Sing-alongs, Sing with us! The Band, Curriculum commentary for parents, “Being a Puppy” (The Scout Song) and “A Surprise for Scout” video.
- Talking Words Factory – See description above.
More DVDs – More Fun Ways To Learn
Overall, we purchased 13 DVDs. However, when we bought the 10-dvd Mega Pack, we got two DVDs that we already had. So, Azy have two Talking Words Factory and two Learn to Read at the Storybook Factory.
Therefore, he has 11 DVDs to choose from. Of course, he watches some more than the others. However, he watches all of them, and he is learning a lot.
He still loves to watch the Letter Factory. At this time, we are working on numbers and counting, but sometimes he is reluctant to watch the DVDs that teaches Math skills. Then there are times, when he will watch them repeatedly.
Azy also enjoys watching, Let’s Go to School, Scout & Friends: Phonics Farm and Scout & Friends: Adventures in Shapeville Park. With all those DVDs, there is so much that your child can learn.
In addition to watching the DVDs, your child can continue playing and learning with the online Leapfrog Learning Path. On the website, you can choose your child’s age and start exploring. You will find Printable, multiples Activities and Videos.
The website also has endless Articles, Discussions and Learning Tips for parents. Additional information about the Learning Path can be found on the back of each DVD.
Based on our experience with the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack I can recommend this product. We have seen how the DVDs have helped and continue to help Azy.
Since we are using the DVDs to help teach Azy, we watch them with him regularly, and ask him questions to make sure he understands what he is watching.
Since Azy is four-year-old, he will be watching these DVDs for a long time. Therefore, if you have a young child, they could also use the 10-dvd Mega Pack for a long time. With 10 DVDs to choose from, they will get a great jump start on learning. The length for most of the DVDs is 35 minutes, and there are times when Azy just restarts the DVD player, or chooses another DVD.
We do not regret buying the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack. Our only regret is that we did not purchased it first, because we would have gotten more for less. If you are thinking of purchasing educational DVDs for your kids, go ahead and try Leapfrog DVDs.
On the other hand, if you do not want to start off with the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack, buy a DVD that you think will help you child. However, do not be surprised if they start showing you what else to buy.
Of course, there are both positive and negative reviews about the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack. While the majority of the reviews are positive, some customers complained that their DVDs did not work. Customers were also dissatisfied because there are “no subtitles” on the DVDs.
I mentioned that the length of most of the DVD is 35 minutes. However, some of that time is used to promote other DVDs. So, that reduces the teaching time to about 30 minutes.
I rated the 4.8 out of 5 because I think the promotion of the other DVDs take up too much time. I also think that it can be a distraction to the child, since they are at the beginning of the lessons.
Placing the promotions at the end of each lesson would be better, because the child would still see them after watching the lessons.
Overall, I think the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack is a good investment, and will help your child get a jump start on learning to read in a fun way.
LeapFrog Was Designed To Help Kids
According to a Wikipedia article on Leapfrog Enterprises, “The history of LeapFrog traces back to the late 1980s when LeapFrog co-founder Michael Wood, an attorney had difficulties teaching his son how to read.” So, Leapfrog was designed to help teach your child to read. You can read the complete article here.
Thank you for taking the time to read my review on the Leapfrog 10-dvd Mega Pack. I hope that I have provided the information that can help you to decide if this product will help your child. I believe that it will.
I would love to hear from you, are you familiar with these DVDs? What do you think about the them?
Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts.
If you have any questions, please leave them. I will do my best to answer them.
If you like what you read, please like it and share it.
Hello, my name is Jackie. My family members and I are teaching my grandson Azy to read and I am writing about the challenges and the joy that comes from doing so. My goal is to write articles that will encourage and help parents and others who want to do the same for their kids or other children. Thanks for travelling along with us. Blessings, Jackie